Friday, February 16, 2007

A friend of my is a scientist...

A friend of my is a scientist. He is a terminologist. He has published a lot of papers and, he is considered one of the best in the field by some other people I know.

I told him about wikiprofessional, what kind of things we are doing in the bio-medical field. What we could do for other fields as well when we have the terminology available to us. This was two days ago. Today I learned that much of his work was once available on diskettes. These diskettes were no longer there .....

I discussed this with another friend. She has some great OCR-software. We know each other, so when the terminologist scans his paper paper, the translator can translate it from a analog into a digital format. The terminologist can define his terminology, his papers will be known but as relevant, we will have started supporting the terminology of terminology in OmegaWiki.

It is great to have friends ...

Thanks,
GerardM

No comments: