Monday, August 11, 2008

Sick or not well

After my return from Alexandria i have not been well. Some call it the "curse of the Pharaoh" but it is a fact that my digestion was not performing in its usual way. I also had this nasty cough that did not go away. Now so many weeks later, I was told in no uncertain terms by my family that I should go and consult my doctor.

I went to the doctor, she send me to the hospital for x-rays. I returned and the verdict was that i have a bronchitis. The doctor subscribed me medicines, as my diarrhea had returned, it was to be a strong medicine that should deal with that too. I was told the return of the diarrhea is most likely due to the fact that the bacteria in the gut need time to recover and consequently I was for the moment a little intollerant for lactose and fructose.I am not to drink milk for a week...

With medicine you get a lengthy piece of paper explaining what it is that this medicine does. It is a lengthy list of things that I could be cured off, it includes things like venereal deseases, ear infections... I am now wondering how many things are cured as a result for a subscription for something completely different.
Thanks,
      GerardM

4 comments:

pfctdayelise said...

Get well soon!

GerardM said...

The anti biotica did not cure me so I am going to have a different one... It is tiring...
Thanks,
GerardM

Anonymous said...

This may be so better in Alexandia, but may be happy you are you not fell sick
elsewhere in Africa. Sorry, this site did not allow me to include this pictoire right away. Anonymous.

GerardM said...

:) I was happy to be in Alexandria.. I would not have missed it for the world :)
Thanks,
GerardM