Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pictures about the Maroon

The Maroon of Surniname will be the subject of an exposition in the Tropenmuseum in November. As I did not know who they are, I had a look at the articles on the subject in several Wikipedias. I found that almost all the illustrations where taken in 1955 by the father of the man who uploaded the black and white pictures to Commons.


I contacted John Hill who lives in Australia and asked if it would be possible to get new scans in the highest resolution possible. He wrote me that he will see what he can do. I talked with people from the Tropenmuseum and, they are interested to learn what kind of material we can find on the Maroon.

Do you have material about the Maroon of Suriname or the Maroon in general? Please upload it to Commons and let me know.
Thanks,
GerardM

1 comment:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesat subiectul postat de tine, m-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazu am sa mai revin cu siguranta.
O zi buna!